We Are A Serious Green Manufacturer
When you purchase a Fimbel Architectural Door, you can do so with confidence that our impact on the environment has been minimized at every turn. And, as an added benefit, we pass along savings we reap from our eco-friendly manufacturing methods directly to you. That means you get an extraordinarily high quality door at an incomparable value.
1. Solar Panels Reduce Our Carbon Footprint by 80%
In early 2010, our headquarters building, which houses our main office and manufacturing facilities, was outfitted with solar panels. Since then, we have reduced our overall yearly carbon footprint by 80%. During summer months, our solar grid actually generates more power than we use.
2. We Enforce a Strict Recycling Policy
We recycle everything we possibly can. Visitors to our plants and offices will see
- recycle collection bins throughout the plant and office,
- weekly collections, and
- foam and vinyl product re-use and recycling
3. Eco-Friendly Materials and Manufacturing Methods
We manufacture our doors using eco-friendly materials and methods. Mill-able to exacting specifications and extremely structurally durable, they provide a superior foundation for our overhead door products, with a negligible environmental impact.
Our scrap overhead is extremely low, thanks to efficient use of raw materials and highly incorporated product lines. Less scrap means less waste going out the door. Most of our manufacturing byproducts are re-used either by us or a third party. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scrap aluminum, vinyl, wood and steel
- Packaging Materials
we even go so far as to give all our saw dust to a horse farm up the road for their stalls.
As an added benefit, our lines are considerably higher in quality and are manufactured at a lower cost. That means that we can pass those savings along to you for an incomparable value.
4. Our Business Processes are Eco-Friendly too!
At Fimbel it is not enough to manufacture using eco-friendly methods, our business goes out of its way to act responsibly every day, we…
- Email and other electronic communications are used in lieu of conventional paper methods wherever possible.
- We actively search for and purchase from vendors of raw materials and supplies within a 500 mile radius of our plants.
- Eco-Friendly supplies
- Recycled copy paper and office paper products
- Eco-Friendly cups, plates, and utensils
- Paper restroom supplies made from recycled paper
- Water-based and low environmental impact cleaning supplies
More on our memberships and certifications…
Fimbel Architectural Specialties is a proud member of U.S. Green Building Council. U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit composed of leaders from every sector of the building industry working to promote buildings and communities that are environmentally responsible, profitable, and healthy places to live and work. USGBC developed the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System.
Fimbel Architectural Door Specialties has been certified a Green Business by The Institute for Green Business Certification (IGBC). IGBC provides environmental management and sustainability consulting, focusing on our business functions and their key areas. They provide specific guidelines in categories such as recycling, water conservation, energy conservation, waste reduction and "environmentally friendly" purchasing.