Opening Doors to Color your World
Or at least the doors that welcome you home to your world!
These days, during the COVID-19 Quarantine, our homes have taken on a new meaning. For many of us, our homes have become our whole world. If you are anything like me, refreshing and refining the projects on my to-do list have taken on a life of its own. As the summer heat keeps us contained even further, it is fun to fantasize about days and evenings outdoors again!
One project at the top of many people's lists is the garage whether it is cleaning out the clutter or diving in to a new door! When faced with this challenge, we encourage you to head on over to our Pinterest page to find ideas for both your organizational needs as well as your design needs. To fully understand which Fimbel door is right for you, feel free to read our recent blog from a project profile we did in Pennsylvania as you will see how we moved through the process to find the best color for their project.
You can rest assured when buying a Fimbel door is getting the look of real wood, the design of your choice, durable construction methods with a solid warranty, low-maintenance, a precision fit, bold windows, reliable R-value, and more, more, more!
Choosing a Fimbel Door:
As with any project, starting at the base, the foundation, is key. We manufacture our doors using two basic platforms - one on a steel base and one on a wood frame and vinyl base. When this is decided, the rest is all about the designs and desires! For a basic understanding of our products, you are welcome to check out this 3 minute video taking you through the various products and letting you get to know me!
When the platform and design are selected, it's now time to color your world! At Fimbel ADS, we offer the highest quality, most sustainable product for our paint and faux finish offerings. We worked diligently with the paint manufacturer to find the best because quality and safety lead all of our operations. Choosing the right paint finish for your door is critical to be sure you get the lasting look you desire.
Offering you more is not just a cute slogan we enjoy. It is the core of our business. When my great-grandfather, Ed Fimbel Sr., began as the first franchise in the Overhead Door corporation, he wanted more for his family and more for our blossoming industry. Now, after 95 years, a quick tour of our history will reveal that we are big fans of red! Since 1924, this bold color has been our brand identity before brand identities were a thing. Today, we apply our "FDNY Red" to the vast number of doors for the elite Fire Department of New York. Take a closer look at the work we do for the FDNY.
Offering red doors to a fire station seems standard, but offering red doors to residences might seem unexpected unless you are also following the color trends for garage doors!
Trending Door Colors:
If you search "trending garage door colors 2020", I assure you the list will read as follows:
- Light Gray
- Dark Gray
You will read about the soft appeal of light gray, the statement dark gray makes against white trim, the bold timelessness of black, and the daring nature of red! As you read on, you will be comforted and enticed by the natural elegance of a wood tone. You will read all of this and more, but the important tid-bit to know is that you have options.
For our standard factory finish, the color palette is virtually limitless. Our ability to custom match your color to complete your look allows you to make it your own. The benefits remain the same - the smooth finish and enduring color will be yours!
Factory Faux Stain:
Using the very same paint system, we use a two step application to create the woodtone look. On our smooth, composite surface we artistically apply the grain appearance then layer on the topcoat to create the true stain appearance. In many cases, because this is hand applied, we are able to custom match samples of wood such as cedar and driftwood to match your entry door and other design features of your project.
Before you Commit:
A few things to consider as you finalize your color decision:
- Your entry door is the focal point of your home. You do not have to match it! Do your best to complement it. Focus on matching the quality and design not the color.
- The garage door color works best on many homes when it is coordinated to the details of the home: the siding, the windows, the trim.
- If the overall design of the home is unique, we invite to think beyond standard doors and make it your own.
- While the garage can consume 30% of a home's frontage, the garage door should add to the overall feel - not stick out like a sore thumb. We offer a lot of options to make it unique without making it outlandish!
- Be sure you understand the material of the garage door. Be sure you have the right paint product on the right material (again, no worries here for us, because we offer you more).
- If you cannot decide on a color, a natural white finish is a tried and true solution! With our product and our ability to offer you the DIY kits, so you can change your mind down the road.
- Do you plan to sell your home anytime soon? If so, consider what a potential buyer might want for their garage door! In this case, purchasing a garage door with the after factory option of our DIY kits may be the solution.
So you have some ideas and perhaps some questions. Fantastic! The goal here at Fimbel is to invite you to think beyond a basic, standard door and consider what design inspiration may be lurking. Your result may be a beautiful white garage door, or you may just find a gray or blue to highlight your life! In either case, we are here to help:
- To learn more about our finishing and paint products, please enjoy another recent blog dedicated to just that.
- You are just in time! For a limited time (starting in August 2020), we have a finishing sale taking place. Check it out on the website! If it isn't there, the limited time has come and gone!
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.